Candidate Spotlight: Meghann Madine
Having successfully placed one of our star candidates, Meghann Madine, as Head of Sales and Events at Belgo - we decided to check in with her to see how it's all going and find out what her career highlights have been so far.
1. Tell us a little bit about your current role at Belgo? - I am Head of Sales and Events for Belgo Bar and Restaurant. My current role is to oversee the sales and events side of the business across all Belgo venues. This entails dealing with incoming enquiries and ensuring all are converted to confirmed reservations. I am also proactively sourcing new connections that help drive pre-booked sales which can be through a number of avenues. Another part of my role is to oversee the events that take place and make sure they are run efficiently to the customer’s satisfaction.
2. How long have you been working in hospitality? – I have been working in hospitality for around 6 years with my first role being a nightclub promoter whilst at university. I then moved to London where I started at the Hilton Park Lane.
3. What has been your best career moment so far? My best career moment has to be being made Head of Sales and Events for Belgo
4. What are your tips for succeeding in your current role? Trial and Error – if you don’t try with a new idea nothing will change, and in this industry you have to roll with the times. If the idea doesn’t work you move on, however if it does it’s an amazing feeling!
5. Where do you see yourself in the next 5 years? If all goes well Sales Director for a well-known bar or restaurant chain, and preferably with Belgo.
6. If you were a (Belgo) beer, what beer would you be? Leffe Blonde – Strong and blonde!
7. What do you love most about where you work? The people and the potential Belgo has, it’s a great, fun brand and I am given a lot of leeway when it comes to new ideas so it’s very exciting,
8. What did you want to be when you were little? Ever since I was little, I wanted to be an actress… until I received an E in A level Drama and the dream died.
9. What’s the best thing about being a woman in hospitality? The respect and equality is huge in hospitality, I have never felt a divide and always felt strong within the industry
10. Big night out or a cosy night in? No question… Big night out
For more information on how TASN can help your leisure or hospitality business then visit our Clients page or if you are looking for your next job role then visit our Vacancies page. Alternatively, you can also send your enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.